SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, March 6, 2017

A Bit More About Me



Finally finishing up the blog posts about getting to know the author (can I call myself that? I guess so) behind this blog. Simply La'Shawn. Two weeks ago I gave you a tiny glimpse into my past up to 20 years old. Basically a lot of who I am today is thanks to the amazing people that I have in my life. True story!

That being said. I bet if you would ask anyone who has known me for a bit today to name one thing about La'Shawn. They would tell you that I love panda bears! I really do. I am not sure where this love came from. I just know that I have for as long as I can remember. I love that Christmas does not go by without getting at least one thing to do with pandas. I love that people post adorable things on my FB about pandas. I cried the first time I saw them in the Atlanta Zoo. I also cried the 2nd and 3rd time. I really did!

Which brings me to another thing. I am a crier. It is actually kind of embarrassing. There is never a week that goes by that I haven't cried over something. Usually it is at least an every other day kind of thing. I cry when I am mad, sad, happy, tired, sick, and so on. Give me a good book, tv show, movie, or heck a good commercial. Here comes the tears. My son watches me during certain things to see if I am going to cry. It is embarrassing when I am crying over things like America's Got Talent. Outside that, I don't so much mind that I am a crier.

I am also a bit on the nerdy side. I love all things Harry Potter. I have read the books more times than I can count. I watch the movies all the time. I am also a proud 33 year old women who wears my HP shirts out and about. I also love Doctor Who. Not to the same extent as HP though.

I love the color yellow. It makes me happy to see it or to wear it. I love that my 9 year old son still picks me yellow weed flowers. If he sees them, they are mine! By the end of spring I have these picked-with-love flowers all over the place. He knows his momma loves the color yellow!


Those are just a few things that scream La'Shawn. I thought it would be fun to do a little questionnaire to round up the getting to know me post. I read THIS post over at Carrots & Cake and thought It would be fun to do. Here ya go:



  1. I’m happiest when I am spending time with family

  2. ”¦ especially if it involves going on hikes

  3. I’ve always wanted to visit England!

  4. My family and I are major homebodys!

  5. I was a terrible girlfriend. I don't know how Jerr stuck it out. 

  6. My first job was a cashier at Goody's 

  7. I could probably eat donuts every day. If I am not careful I will!

  8. I stole ink pens from sign ins. I am bad bad bad about that! I swear it isn't intentional. 

  9. I was born on the same day as Dr. Phil and Gloria Estefan 

  10. My all-time favorite film is The Holiday. I want that house in the English countryside surrounded by snow! 

  11. I do a pretty mean British Accent. (catch a theme here?) I watch way too much British tv. To the point I don't notice the accents at all. People who have legit accents would probably laugh at mine. Jerr likes it though. :-P

  12. I’m still mad I never finished college. Probably my all time #1 regret in life. 

  13. I met my husband at our mutual job of Office Depot 

  14. I always knew I would be a mom. I did think I would have lots of kids though...I have just the one. 

  15. I’m not afraid to show my emotions. I probably should work more on not showing them as much!

  16. I make digital scrapbooking layouts

  17. I have almost no dancing skills. Serioulsy. It is comical. 

  18. I always cry when...the wind blows? ha ha. I cry all the time. At least every other day. The guys poke fun at me about it. Happy, sad, mad, sick, tired, annoyed, PMS...doesn't matter. Cry! 

  19. I’m a UGA college football fan. My hubby taught me the ins-and-outs when we were dating. I was hooked. I plan my Saturday's in the fall around it. 

  20. I spent 8 months pregnant. Yup. They had to take the kiddo a month early. I had preclamsia. 

  21. I wish the weekend had 3 days and my work day started at 10am. I hate mornings! 

  22. At 5, I was gosh, I don't know. I don't remember much from that young. 

  23. I believe if everyone practiced seeing the good in things, it would be come habit, and the world would be a happier place. 

  24. I can’t stand when people snore. #1 pet peeve....and guess what...my husband can bring down the rafters with his snoring!! 

  25. Whenever Bones is on, I’ll watch it.
There you go. Getting to know the person behind the blog. I hope you enjoyed it. I would also love to see your answers to these questions. Blog it and link me up! Or just answer in the comments. I couldn't leave today's post though without showing off my man. We will be married 10 years this coming Friday. TEN YEARS!! I love you babe!



No comments :

Post a Comment