Finally finishing up the blog posts about getting to know the author (can I call myself that? I guess so) behind this blog. Simply La'Shawn. Two weeks ago I gave you a tiny glimpse into my past up to 20 years old. Basically a lot of who I am today is thanks to the amazing people that I have in my life. True story!
Which brings me to another thing. I am a crier. It is actually kind of embarrassing. There is never a week that goes by that I haven't cried over something. Usually it is at least an every other day kind of thing. I cry when I am mad, sad, happy, tired, sick, and so on. Give me a good book, tv show, movie, or heck a good commercial. Here comes the tears. My son watches me during certain things to see if I am going to cry. It is embarrassing when I am crying over things like America's Got Talent. Outside that, I don't so much mind that I am a crier.
I am also a bit on the nerdy side. I love all things Harry Potter. I have read the books more times than I can count. I watch the movies all the time. I am also a proud 33 year old women who wears my HP shirts out and about. I also love Doctor Who. Not to the same extent as HP though.
Those are just a few things that scream La'Shawn. I thought it would be fun to do a little questionnaire to round up the getting to know me post. I read THIS post over at Carrots & Cake and thought It would be fun to do. Here ya go:
- I’m happiest when I am spending time with family
- ”¦ especially if it involves going on hikes
- I’ve always wanted to visit England!
- My family and I are major homebodys!
- I was a terrible girlfriend. I don't know how Jerr stuck it out.
- My first job was a cashier at Goody's
- I could probably eat donuts every day. If I am not careful I will!
- I stole ink pens from sign ins. I am bad bad bad about that! I swear it isn't intentional.
- I was born on the same day as Dr. Phil and Gloria Estefan
- My all-time favorite film is The Holiday. I want that house in the English countryside surrounded by snow!
- I do a pretty mean British Accent. (catch a theme here?) I watch way too much British tv. To the point I don't notice the accents at all. People who have legit accents would probably laugh at mine. Jerr likes it though. :-P
- I’m still mad I never finished college. Probably my all time #1 regret in life.
- I met my husband at our mutual job of Office Depot
- I always knew I would be a mom. I did think I would have lots of kids though...I have just the one.
- I’m not afraid to show my emotions. I probably should work more on not showing them as much!
- I make digital scrapbooking layouts
- I have almost no dancing skills. Serioulsy. It is comical.
- I always cry when...the wind blows? ha ha. I cry all the time. At least every other day. The guys poke fun at me about it. Happy, sad, mad, sick, tired, annoyed, PMS...doesn't matter. Cry!
- I’m a UGA college football fan. My hubby taught me the ins-and-outs when we were dating. I was hooked. I plan my Saturday's in the fall around it.
- I spent 8 months pregnant. Yup. They had to take the kiddo a month early. I had preclamsia.
- I wish the weekend had 3 days and my work day started at 10am. I hate mornings!
- At 5, I was gosh, I don't know. I don't remember much from that young.
- I believe if everyone practiced seeing the good in things, it would be come habit, and the world would be a happier place.
- I can’t stand when people snore. #1 pet peeve....and guess what...my husband can bring down the rafters with his snoring!!
- Whenever Bones is on, I’ll watch it.